Regulations of the photo competition organized as part of the CHEST project
1. We invite participants of the international CHEST partner project from Lithuania, Portugal, Turkey and Poland to take part in the competition for the best photo on the cultural and natural heritage of the partner countries. We implement this competition as part of online project activities organized also in a pandemic situation.
Pictures should include:
• places, objects, monuments of cultural and natural heritage,
• traditional wedding and other customs, rituals, rites, etc.,
• artistic and traditional crafts,
• cultural and natural heritage trails,
• traditional dances, etc.
These photos may relate to own country or partners.
2. Each participant may send only two photos from the above-mentioned topics.
3. Pictures should be sent in electronic form in the ‘JPEG’ format, and their size should not exceed 5 MB (dimensions: approximately 4000 x 5000). The name of the competition photo file should contain the name of the author’s country (LT, PR, PL or TR) and its title, e.g. “PL, name of the photo. jpeg “. In the e-mail, please provide the password for the competition photo, the name of the place where the photo was taken and the name of the photo.
4. Competition photos should be sent by e-mail (Please write ‘CHEST photo contest’ in the title of the e-mail) only to persons designated by the partners who will undertake to 100% discretion. And so the addresses of these people are as follows:
Lithuania: Indre Adomaitiene (email@example.com)
Portugal: Joao Relveiro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Poland: Jadwiga Barcewicz (email@example.com)
Turkey: Umit Yusuf Erturk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. The person who submits the photos must also additionally send to the persons designated by each partner an envelope with the slogan of the competition photo with the following information: full name, contact details, own photo (to be used when registering for the competition or its victory) and signed a form of statement that the person taking part in the competition knows the rules of the competition, is the author of photos and that he takes responsibility in the event that someone claims copyright and that he agrees that these photos may be used in other project activities or in partner organizations or as a product of the CHEST project.
A form (template) for such a declaration will be available on all national and common CHEST web platforms.
6. Deadline for sending photos 21 May 2020
7. During the competition photos will be visible on 3 pages of the CHEST project;
- www.utw.uwb.edu.pl (website in PL)
- www.chestproject.eu (project home page in English operated by LT)
- the CHEST project page on Facebook. On this page, the audience will select the best photo by clicking on their favorite photo
8. We expect the first selection of photos by the jury appointed by the national organizers (see point 4), by 30 June 2022. The photos selected by the jury will be presented on the main page of the CHEST project: www.chestproject.eu. At the end of the competition, 12 photos will be selected, 3 from each country.
9. The winning national photos plus public winner, will be placed on the final exhibition of the project and on all websites. Four winning photos will be selected from these photos. The last jury will consist of 4 representatives of partners who they will have equal votes. A fifth voice will be call from the audience. The jury will make decisions based on public voting, mainly based on votes from websites, but may also use other decision-making methods.
10. The winners of each partner country will be announced during the international meeting and on the CHEST websites. They will also be informed in person.
11. We anticipate prizes for winners.
I hereby declare that:
1. I have read / I got acquainted with the regulations of the photo competition organized as part of the CHEST project.
2. I am the author of the photos and I will not claim any personal copyright.
3. I agree that my photos may be presented as a product of the CHEST project and be used in other events and project publications.
Place and date Signature